CLAMP Femslash Fest Official Info Post
Do you love ladies? Of course you do. Do you love ladies who love ladies? Of course you do! Do you, in particular, love CLAMP ladies who love CLAMP ladies? Well, I should hope so! ‘Ladies’ no longer looks like a word, but that’s beside the point. The CLAMP Femslash Fest 2013 has released its themes! Everything will definitely be alright!
Run from CLAMPfemslash at dreamwidth and CLAMPfemslashfest at tumblr, and patterned after multiple other ‘fandom week’ projects, the Fest will last seven days, from the 18th - 25th of October. Why are we telling you this now? Well, each day will have its own specific theme or prompt, listed below, and you’ll have a month to pick a theme (or themes!) that inspires you and work on producing content for it. Your submissions can involve any CLAMP femslash pairing you’d like, from canon to crack. We want starcrossed lovers! We want romcoms! We want fairytales and band AUs! Most importantly, we want ladies in love with ladies!
You can submit works for as many or as few themes as you like, and in any medium you choose - there is no limit. We encourage fanfic, fanart, fanmixes, photosets, gifsets, general appreciation posts, cosplay, meta, 4koma comics doodled on post-it notes, text messages, and anything else you can think of. Our aim is threefold, but simple - 1) to provide inspiration, 2) to generate femslash content, especially content for rare or underappreciated pairings, and 3) to build up an archive.
There are no sign-ups or claims necessary - simply post whatever you’ve produced on the relevant day. (See below for talk of timezones.) If you have a dreamwidth account, post your work to the comm; if you have a tumblr account, tag it with CLAMPfemslash and/or CLAMPfemslashfest, and the mods will reblog it to the tumblr archive. If you’d rather host your work at an external site (dA, AO3, 8tracks, etc.), you are welcome to do so and post link-throughs on either tumblr or dreamwidth. If you don’t have a dreamwidth account but would like to have your work archived at the comm, please contact one of the mods. If you have any existing work that you think might fit the themes, and that you would like to see archived, again, just let us know.
Join this comm, follow this tumblr, read through the themes below, reblog this post to boost the signal, and spend the next month getting creative!
Let’s Have a Look at Those Themes Again!
- Friday 18th - music AU. This can include girlband AUs, marching band AUs, rival rockband AUs, indie singers playing half-hour gigs at coffeeshops while the baristas swoon over them, even Phantom of the Opera AUs!
- Saturday 19th - "I orchestrated the entire thing and I had no idea where she had gotten that gun." (x) Be as creative as you’d like here!
- Sunday 20th - ice-cream sundae. By this, we mean sickly-sweet, cavity-inducing fluff. First dates at ice-cream parlours! Picnics in the park with ice lollies! AUs where everything is made of sugar and chocolate sauce! As long as it’s disgustingly adorable and involves sweet treats, it’s good.
- Monday 21st - romcom. Pick your favourite romcom or romcom-style plot and rework it with CLAMP characters. Straight-up reimagining of The Proposal? Gold. Hilarious parody of romcom tropes? Go for it. Wacky hijinks involving CLAMP mascots desperately trying to get their OTP together? A+.
- Tuesday 22nd - star-crossed lovers. Canon-based or AU, your choice. Only three words apply - BREAK. OUR. HEARTS.
- Wednesday 23rd - folklore AU. Use any myth or fairytale you’d like! Mythical creatures! Sleeping princesses! Selkies! Snow maidens! Tanabata! Vampires! Have at!
- Thursday 24th - use three randomly-generated words as a prompt. If you can’t make your first set work, you’re allowed up to two retries.
- Friday 25th - free day. This day is for any contribution that doesn’t quite fit the above themes. (Also, if you want to post any kind of meta, you should do so on this day.)
Rules and Regulations!
Sadly, we are not Yuuko, and we can’t bend the laws of spacetime. This fest will be run on GMT, but a few hours either way won’t be the end of the world, and don’t worry if you miss posting a themed work on its day - you can easily post it during the Free Day at the end of the fest.
We will reblog nsfw contributions, but please do tag them as such. Similarly, work containing explicit or potentially upsetting themes should be labelled with a content warning or trigger warning, either in the tags or in the post proper. The official tumblr will be tagging all reblogs with common trigger warnings as necessary, and will gladly tag any specific content on request - the comfort and safety of everyone involved is very important to us. We will not reblog or condone any explicit underaged sexual content.
Please note that we are strongly discouraging the inclusion of Rule 63 submissions or ‘genderbent’ submissions. (Note that this restriction does not include mtf trans* interpretations of lady characters, which are most welcome and warmly encouraged.) While we love the creativity that Rule 63 encourages, our focus for this fest is on characters canonically identified as female, and on their rare or underappreciated relationships, rather than on characters canonically identified as male. If you really truly absolutely feel that you must contribute Rule 63, please ensure that any pairings include at least one canonically female character, and that you post your work only on Free Day. Please contact one of the mods to clear it with us in advance - if we feel that the amount of Rule 63 contributions is in excess of, say, a tenth of contributions total, we may have to cap Rule 63 entirely.
With regard to canonically non-binary or genderless characters, please do endeavour to represent them as such should you include them in your work by using appropriate pronouns! Pairings involving such characters will not be considered acceptable, as to include them in a Femslash Fest would be to disregard their non-binary status.
QUESTIONS? SUGGESTIONS? Message us, contact faren or reshki, or e-mail us at CLAMPfemslashmod@gmail.com. Credit for the banners and icons goes to the fantastic misskirichan.
Please signal-boost, and let’s get started on those submissions!